A non-profit organisation that was setup by the Amsterdam and Rotterdam harbour to create a system that could capture the whole proces from ships comming into the port to distributing the cargo across the rest of the world. As you might know, Rotterdam is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) of the world.
The organisation is around ten years old and at the moment there are 120 IT people working in it. The teams are working via the Scrum/Agile methodology and are split up on domain basis and take responsibility for the whole development process.
One of the key reasons why the organisation started was to create a lot of insight in data for the harbors, ships, cargo, 3th parties that are involved.
Within one of the Scrum teams you’ll be the Senior Cloud Native Java developer.
We work with domain & event driven design and we use multiple tools for this, depending on the domain team you’re active in. For instance we use Kafka in team Import and Axon in team visitor ship.
The Scrum teams are 5 to 8 people big that contain mainly back-end developers that are responsible for the full development cycle. Which means; requirements, functional design, technical design, development and testing. For very specific testing activities they’ve an external tester.
Within the teams there is always a product-owner that is responsible for one of the domains that is connected to the Scrum team.
The software you work on is based on the Scrum team you get deployed in, which means you can be in a team that is more focused on the boarding/unboarding of Cargo and the distribution to the sellers or the domain that is responsible for guiding the ships in and out of the harbor.
The most important thing is: you’re super enthusiastic about you’re work, you’re a team player and you’re oke with presenting idea’s or your work.
What do you get!
- You’ve experience as a Cloud-Native developer, with a preference for AWS. Otherwise Azure or GCP, with the drive to work with AWS will be sufficient as well!;
- You have a strong experience in creating MicroService based applications in the new Java (11) version(s);
- You’ve experience with event and/or domain driven design with tools like Axon or Kafka;
- You’ve experience in a scripting language like Python to either build software, create serverless services or work on Infrastructure as a Code via Terraform or CloudFormation;
- You’ve experience with building and optimizing databases;
- You’ve experience with testing/test automation;
- You’ve an IT related Bachelor or Master Degree;
- You’re willing to learn Dutch if you do not yet master the Dutch language;
- An office with walking distance from station Blaak or the Markthal in Rotterdam;
- Market conform salary plus 13th month;
- Ability to work 32, 36 or 40 hours per week;
- Working in an innovative and data driven organization that is always developing and innovating;
- Tools and secondary benefits: laptop, phone, travel cost coverage, pension plan and many more;
- A lot of room for creativity and your own idea’s into the company;
- Space to grow in this position both on technical perspective but also salary wise plus ability to grow in a position as for instance tech lead;
Interested? Apply directly via the button!
Do you have questions?
Contact me! E-mail: email@example.com / Phone/Whatsapp: +31 6 41 23 90 92